Classically Ladylike in Pearls and Peach Eyelet

*This post contains affiliate links. If clicked and a sale is made, I receive a commission. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Super Style Me possible!ladylike-full-swingIt’s funny how your tastes can change. I remember in my younger, more bratty days, my mom got me a pair of pearl earrings for Christmas. Not being very appreciative, I made her return them, probably to exchange for something more trendy and cheaply made. Now, gravitating more toward classic clothing, I really wish I had those earrings!

ladylike-med-swingThe necklace and earring set I’m wearing now aren’t real, but I like that they’re a little more unique than a string of pearls and simple studs.

ladylike-full-standing-2I had been eying this Bea & Dot dress from ModCloth for a while. It’s so girly! I remember a time when I would have failed to see how beautiful a dress like this is, just like the pearls. I’m so glad I feel differently now. I did wait for it to go on sale – many spring and summer styles at ModCloth are now up to 40% off. A dress like this makes me feel like a classy grown up lady, even if it’s a few years too late.ladylike-wide-shotHow have your tastes changed? Let me know in the comments!

I’m sure my style will continue to evolve, but I hope I’m now smart enough to recognize classic fashion when I see it.

Outfit details – Dress: Bea & Dot by ModCloth / Necklace and earrings: Charming Charlie (similar) / Shoes: Jessica London (similar) / Belt: Lane Bryant (similar from Torrid) / Ring: Shop Soul Boutique

Follow me on social media: Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / Pinterest

8 thoughts on “Classically Ladylike in Pearls and Peach Eyelet

1. Jessi says:

I’m the same way! I used to love all the sparkly, cheaply made crap, and now I find myself gravitating more toward pearls and classic styles.
    I love this look, Becca! Keep up the good work!

2. Serli says:

It’s so funny how styles change over time. I used to like the cheap accessory stuff you find often in stores like Forever 21, now I rather pay a bit extra and get something that is better quality and one that is classy/timeless. This is a beautiful dress, and the location is just perfect for photos!

xo, Serli

• superstylemeblog@gmail.com says:

Thanks, Serli! Your style is always so classic and lovely. I’m lucky to live somewhere with really nice parks that work really well for pictures and other shenanigans! 🙂

3. Amanda C says:

First, I love the location of these photos. Second, I love your outfit even more. I laugh when I look back at old photos and see how my style has changed (especially from my veryyy awkward middle school years). I feel like now it’s even still changing as I am meeting more and more lovely ladies through blogging that inspire me to try new styles. I would love to see some throwback photos of you, I’ll even share some of mine (as horrendous as some of them are haha!).
    Hope you are enjoying your summer!
    Xo Amanda | http://sansscrubs.blogspot.com

• superstylemeblog@gmail.com says:

Haha! Thanks, Amanda! There are some pretty interesting dance recital photos with big ’80s hair that I might share when I’m ready 😉

4. Janeane says:

My style is ever evolving as well. There are some items I have inherited that I am so happy I never was foolish enough to part with. That is what I love so much about fashion…it is such a personal expression. I just love this dress and I can see why you have had your eye on it. It looks spectacular on you! I just found you through your IG account and look forward to following you.

Janeane